It’s pretty rare that I am suddenly struck with a great blog post idea. Even less rare that it occurs as I am trying to sleep, at midnight. Despite my inevitable tiredness in the morning, I will not look this gift horse in the mouth. I am so glad I finally feel like I have something worthwhile to write about!!
Several really exciting things happened to me
today yesterday. In the last 24 hours.
1. Andres and I baked these. Homemade pizza rolls as a midnight snack? Yes please! They were even more delicious than we anticipated. I have a bowl of the filling and the extra wonton wrappers in my fridge. I plan on making more. The ones that don’t get munched will be frozen for another night. Thanks, Cassie! In case anybody isn’t familiar with Cassie’s blog, Back to Her Roots, I encourage you to immediately start reading it. I read it daily. And I check it far more often than daily. Cassie is super inspiring and posts great recipes. Can you get much better than homemade pizza rolls? Yeah, she can. Hard Cider Salmon and Veggie Packets , anyone?
2. I have found a camera! If you’ve been around for this post or that one, then you are probably already familiar with my lamentations about only having my phone for pictures. I’m currently saving up to get a new camera, because my phone blurs more often than not. But! I was looking through an old box this evening and I found my moms’ old camera. I’m so excited! It has a tiny screen and lens and barely more megapixels than my smartphone, but it’s an actual camera! Finally, you should being some better pictures around this blog. Yay!!!!
3. Speaking of pictures, I got to see this kid twice in the last two days.
Isn’t he just the cutest baby ever? Um. Yes. He is. He’s Andres’ baby brother. He’s seven weeks old. Six or so in the above image. Man, I’m a goner! I think he likes me. When I changed his diaper today, he let out this ginormous coo. And my heart melted. Talk about cute.
4. Foodie Penpal Postings are sent out today!!! Yay!
5. I have found an exercise partner! My friend Lauren and I were lamenting our gooeyness so we are going to work together to fix it. Starting by playing tennis on Saturday. I used to play tennis in junior high and LOVED it. Unfortunately, I haven’t played in years. But that won’t stop me! We’re going to have loads of fun.
6. I should be posting delicious food soon! Andres and I fell into a slump where we had the same sort of meal combinations in our pantries (read: sandwiches, pasta, and pizza) and so we started eating out a lot. Not only is this not healthy for our bodies, it takes quite of bit from our wallets too. Also, Andres was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes a few years ago, so all the sugar we inevitably eat is not good for either of us. We both love cooking, and since we eat most dinners together already, I’ve started attempting to create balanced meals for us. And we can take the leftovers for lunch the next day, making it even more budget and waistline conscious! Yay!
7. I go back to work tomorrow! I had some health problems earlier in the week, but tomorrow I will finally get back to my job. So excited.
Happy Fourth of July!